Document server creating nginx

Issues during installation and related to database
caròo

Document server creating nginx

Post by caròo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi...
I received these message from my server provider:

It seems the installation of the onlyoffice document server is interrupting the complete setup as it is adding extra nginx directives.

We will have to reinstall the server and setup.

Regards,
Shane Caldeira
System Engineer - HostNoc

and after a while,

Hello Carlo,

We have redone the setup as previously, regarding the onlyoffice document server, the issue is that this server is creating nginx(webserver) conf files which is deleting all other existing files and a completely new template for nginx files.

This process is basically undoing everything that is previously or standard as per VestCp.

Unfortunately this will not be possible, we can try however we cannot guarantee that this will be completed.

Regards,
Shane Caldeira
System Engineer - HostNoc

Any suggestions?

Hostnoc is giving up...

We do need onlyoffice document server in order to be able to co-edit password protected msoffice files.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Tahnsk and best,

CArlo

Carl

Re: Document server creating nginx

Post by Carl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello Carlo,

ONLYOFFICE Document Server requires nginx for functioning. During the installation of the Document Server, several nginx configs are created. If there is a conflict with an existing nginx, I would recommend you to install the Document Server on a new clean server.

As for editing the password-protected files, please note that when you work with ONLYOFFICE Document Server, password is requested only the first time you open a password-protected file and after that the password is removed. There is no possibility to set a password when saving the file at the moment.