Table and Figure caption

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality
silver

Table and Figure caption

Post by silver » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 am

Hi guys!

I've found an absence of very important feature - table & picture captioning and auto-numbering with cross-links of course. It makes the office not suitable for large files and onlyoffice kills that functionality in docs created by MS Office ore Libre.

Are there any plans to implement it?

MikhailS

Re: Table and Figure caption

Post by MikhailS » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:23 am

Hello.
table & picture captioning
At the moment we don't have such functionality, but we have plans to add this. Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure when it is going to be released.
auto-numbering with cross-links
Please describe this functionality in more detail.

sander

Re: Table and Figure caption

Post by sander » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 am

I came here after trying to find how to do this in only office.

I am looking into only office as a solution at work and was very excited about it, until I couldn't get this to work.
In word you can caption a table/figure/equation, it will auto number them and you can reference back to them in text. This will always be updated when adding a table or figure somewhere in the middle of your document.

If you have documents with maybe 60 figures and tables it becomes very tedious work. If you add a table at the start of the document you have to change the 40 following captions and tryto find every spot where it was referenced in the text and then change that as well.

The lacking of this feature makes this solution unsuitable for us, which is really unfortunate because the rest is perfect.

Is there any news on the addition of this feature? Hopefully also the ability to then auto generate a list of tables and list of figures, just like the table of contents does.