Password encryption lost after editing and downloading file

NI3

Password encryption lost after editing and downloading file

Post by NI3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Password encryption is lost after editing and downloading Microsoft office file formats(docx, xlsx, pptx) in DocumentServer. Please look into the issue.

Andrew

Re: Password encryption lost after editing and downloading file

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 am

Hello NI3,

Unfortunately, ONLYOFFICE doesn't support password protection for documents at the moment. It asks for password and removes it after you first entered it.

NI3

Post by NI3 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:06 am

Hi Andrew,

Thank for the response. I dont want DocumentServer to protect the documents with password, I just want if a document is already password protected then DocumentServer should retain its password protection after editing and downloading the document. Is there any chance that the feature might be included in upcoming release of DocumentServer? Is this feature under consideration?

Carl

Post by Carl » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:31 am

Hello NI3,

Currently there is no sense in adding a password to a document in Document Server. Such password will be compromised - not only you, but the Document Server as well will know it. We are thinking about the ways of avoiding that (e.g. opening files on the client instead of the server), but I cannot specify any time frames.