Conversion API: Which server response expectable if limit of concurrent connections exceeded?

Integration questions/issues
Dennis

Conversion API: Which server response expectable if limit of concurrent connections exceeded?

Post by Dennis » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi all,

We plan to use the conversion API to convert Office Documents to PDF documents in a server side application. How does the server react / what kind of response do I have to expect if the number of allowed concurrent connections (know from the office editors) is exceeded? I could also imagine that there is no limit at all using the conversion API as there is only read access necessary for the original document.

Thanks and best regards, Dennis

Maxim

Re: Conversion API: Which server response expectable if limit of concurrent connections exceeded?

Post by Maxim » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Hello Dennis!
You need this part of Onlyoffice API.
If you use free version of the Document Server you should know that it is limited to 20 simultaneous connections to the Document Server. If the number of allowed concurrent connections is exceeded you will not be able to convert documents.

Dennis

Re: Conversion API: Which server response expectable if limit of concurrent connections exceeded?

Post by Dennis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:09 am

Hello Maxim,

Thanks a lot for the link, but there is no information about how the server reacts exactly on exceeded concurrent connections. There are 8 error codes described, but none of them refers to exceeded connections.
What do you mean by "you will not be able to convert documents."? Do we have to expect an HTTP error response if we send a request?

My question is independent from the version as the commercial versions also have limits regarding concurrent connections.

Thanks for yor help and best regards,
Dennis