How to upgrade to latest version

Use this thread to ask for help if you have some issues, or you get stuck with ONLYOFFICE One-Click app on Digital Ocean.
james

How to upgrade to latest version

Post by james » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi,

I've installed a droplet on digital ocean a little while ago, however, it's now out of date. What's the easiest way to upgrade the droplet?

Thanks

James.

George

Re: How to upgrade to latest version

Post by George » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:40 am

Hello,

If you use DigitalOcean droplet, please bear in mind that a docker Community Edition is installed in this case.
Thus the easiest way of upgrading your droplet would be using the script from this guide https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/serve ... ation.aspx
Specifically, you need to:
1. Connect to your server via SSH
2. On your host, execute the following command: bash opensource-install.sh -u true

gameprofits

Post by gameprofits » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Yes I was having the same issue, I was trying to enable the Twilio plug in on the community edition I am running, but it seems I need to update it to get it to work, it seems to work , but calls are not connected and the voip icon is not coming up.

So following this link looks like its installing a new version fresh , whats going to happen to my data ? following these instructions ?

Carl

Post by Carl » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Hello gameprofits,

All the portal data should be mounted to host. To be sure, check if there are any files in /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/data/ and /app/onlyoffice/mysql/

If they are there, you may install the update with the script. But please create a snapshot of the server before the update to be able to quickly roll back if something goes wrong.

gameprofits

Post by gameprofits » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:44 pm

hehe , ok I am giving a new crack at this, can't wait to upgrade license :)