View Only on Touch Screen

Integration questions/issues
ComputerKid

View Only on Touch Screen

Post by ComputerKid » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Hi,

I'm new here, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question, so feel free to move it if required.

I have just installed FileRun (http://filerun.com/) which is an excellent way of viewing and managing files within a browser. I then installed the Community Edition of OnlyOffice as they work very well together. Now I can browse/search for files then open and edit them directly in the browser on my laptop. I'm most impressed with both products.

The problem I have is when I try to use this combination on my tablet. The OnlyOffice editor is unusable on the touch screen.

I really don't need to be able to edit the files, only view them and navigate around them. Is there any way to configure Only Office as a basic viewer only, which would work on a touch screen? I just need it to present the file and allow easy scrolling and zooming on the tablet and that's all. There doesn't seem to be any way to configure this from the FileRun side - it just asks for the URL for the server and it passes the file through. I guess it would need to be a configuration on the OnlyOffice server to remove all the editing menus/options and make things easier to use on the touch screen.

Please let me know if his is possible and if so, how would I set this up on my server.

Thanks for your help!