File versioning in owncloud doesn't work when editing files in onlyoffice

Issues during installation, usage and configuring
StrikerASD

File versioning in owncloud doesn't work when editing files in onlyoffice

Post by StrikerASD » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:36 am

Hello,

I have very frustrating problem. When i am editing files localy on my computer with ANY word editing software, i see that after i save a file and it's synced with owncloud, i see in owncloud that the version of the file appeared, so i can revert to the previous version.

NOW, when i am using owncloud to open up MS Word file for example in onlyoffice (document server), the new tab appears and the onlyoffice is loading, i can then edit the file and save it... But it is not going back to owncloud. I've checked that many times. Every time when i am editing a file through OnlyOffice DocumentServer app, it's autosaved but it does not sync with owncloud! What the hell?? SURE, i can open the file that way and it's up to date, but when i download this file from owncloud, or want to edit it locally on my computer, i have the version with contents not touched with document server software. And connection with docserver is OK, because from owncloud i can launch onlyoffice software.

Best regards,

StrikerASD

Carl

Re: File versioning in owncloud doesn't work when editing files in onlyoffice

Post by Carl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 am

Hello,

Please note that the document version is built only after all editing sessions (all tabs with document editor in browser) are closed. Autosave means all changes added to the document are saved in Document Server's cache automatically. Assembly of a document (gathering all the changes + conversion) begins only after all editing sessions are over. So please make sure you close the editor tab after you finish editing the document.

StrikerASD

Post by StrikerASD » Tue May 07, 2019 2:07 pm

Yes, but that's not the problem. I have my own files so there is only session for me and file don't sync with owncloud once i finish editing the file and save it.

Maxim

Post by Maxim » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:07 pm

Hello StrikerASD!
Please specify if you download from Owncloud file that you edited with Onlyoffice will you able to see these editings?