Nextcloud+community server had not been updating nextcloud

Issues during installation, usage and configuring
del_messgaing

Nextcloud+community server had not been updating nextcloud

Post by del_messgaing » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:01 pm

Got systems setup with Next-cloud and Only-office Community server on separate server and after an update to servers it had gone unnoticed that the next-cloud server was not being updated with changes made in Only-office. Each time doc was opened it was opening the cached file on only office so it looked ok but the version on Next-Cloud was not being updated with changes.
After updating the Only-office server to latest version, Next-cloud to latest and also the Connector app to latest 6.0.0 the issue seems to have resolved BUT
Now documents edited before the update have reverted to version prior to updates and the cached version is not being opened, it downloads and caches a new version.

I have a copy of the cache folder that contains the editor.bin file for each edited document, is it possible to extract the contents of editor.bin so I can try and replace the documents that did not update on Next-cloud.

I believe from another post that the file contains a complete copy of the document but is that extractable in some way that can be used ??

Any help appreciated

Alexandre

Re: Nextcloud+community server had not been updating nextcloud

Post by Alexandre » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:33 am

Hello del_messgaing.
Sorry for the late reply.
Please check forgotten folder. The files could have been saved there. It’s located in Linux /var/lib/onlyoffice/documentserver/App_Data/cache/files/forgotten
Windows: %ProgramFiles%\ONLYOFFICE\DocumentServer\server\App_Data\cache\files\forgotten
By the way, did you execute documentserver-prepare4shutdown.sh script before Document Server update?