Error: The community document server only supports up to 20 concurrent sessions

Issues during installation, usage and configuring
holch

Error: The community document server only supports up to 20 concurrent sessions

Post by holch » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 pm

So recently we are getting this error: "The community document server only supports up to 20 concurrent sessions" (I have seen a couple of people with the same problem over in the NextCloud forum, but no real solution).

So it seems like we are running into some kind of limit. No problem with the limit of 20 concurrent sessions. I think this is a perfectly reasonable limit and a company that has more than 20 people working on documents in Onlyoffice could certainly afford to pay for the services.

However, I have a maximum of 5 people that might be working on some spreadsheets. So even if all of us would be using OnlyOffice (Within our nextcloud installation) at once, we should never reach 20 concurrent sessions. Yesterday, when it first appeared, all 5 might have had a file open in OnlyOffice, but that is far from 20. And today, as we could not continue to work on the file and had to move the files to Google Sheets because of that, basically no one works on them anymore. But I still get the error message. Before I move to Google Sheets for my projects, I wanted to try to see if this can be fixed and how we can avoid this:
- Where are these sessions stored?
- In which intervall are they deleted?
- Is there a way to flush the session cache?
- Where is it located?
There must be some old sessions somewhere that are blocking things. How can I find out about this?

Carl

Re: Error: The community document server only supports up to 20 concurrent sessions

Post by Carl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 am

Hello holch,

Could you please specify if you are using a separately installed Document Server or this app https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/documen ... _community

If you are using the latter, we cannot provide any assistance with it. Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=53&t=25444

holch

Re: Error: The community document server only supports up to 20 concurrent sessions

Post by holch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:06 pm

I use the nextcloud integration, via the APP, because it is easy. I thought this was provided by you guys, which is why I asked here. But reading your link, this is obviously not the case.

Thank you for providing this information.

Carl

Post by Carl » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello holch,

We recommend using our official method of integration (https://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/nextcloud).

When using a dedicated Document Server, a concurrent session/connection is closed immediately once the user closes their editor tab in the browser. There is also a mechanism to forcefully disconnect all the users from document editing and trigger file assembly, it is the script documentserver-prepare4shutdown.sh (usually run for update purposes to not lose any data).