Nextcloud vs hosted onlyoffice

Issues during installation, usage and configuring
francisco_reyes

Nextcloud vs hosted onlyoffice

Post by francisco_reyes » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Setup a trial with the hosted version of onlyoffice so I have https://<my portal>.onlyoffice.com
I am trying to integrate with nextcloud. Nextcloud app is asking for
Document Editing Service address
Secret key (leave blank to disable)

Can't find anywhere where/how to get the key setup on onlyoffice service. If I try with just the URL I get

Error when trying to connect (Client error: `GET https://<my portal>.onlyoffice.com/healthcheck` resulted in a `404 Not Found` response: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html (truncated...) )✖
ONLYOFFICE

Is it possible to use nextcloud with the hosted version of onlyoffice or we have to setup a onlyoffice server in a server to integrate with nextcloud?

Carl

Re: Nextcloud vs hosted onlyoffice

Post by Carl » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:09 am

Hello francisco_reyes,

There is no possibility to integrate the Document Server of ONLYOFFICE Cloud Solution with Nextcloud. You need a separately installed Document Server for that. Note that you can also connect a demo-server in ONLYOFFICE integration app settings in Nextcloud and use it for 30 days for test purposes.

francisco_reyes

Post by francisco_reyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:57 pm

So, I would need the integration edition?
Is see there is a lifetime license for it. Any maintenance cost?

francisco_reyes

Post by francisco_reyes » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:47 pm

What is the difference between the enterprise and integration servers? integration = use along some other service like Nextcloud?
Enterprise = standalone? So if we just wanted to share documents within a team we could just get the enterprise version and not use Nextcloud at all? What happens with non document files; anything that is not supported. We would be able to download, but how about uploading back?

Carl

Post by Carl » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:07 am

Hello francisco_reyes,
So, I would need the integration edition?
Is see there is a lifetime license for it. Any maintenance cost?
The license is lifetime, it also includes 1 year of updates and technical support. When it expires, you are no longer eligible to install newer versions of the products.
What is the difference between the enterprise and integration servers? integration = use along some other service like Nextcloud?
Enterprise = standalone? So if we just wanted to share documents within a team we could just get the enterprise version and not use Nextcloud at all? What happens with non document files; anything that is not supported. We would be able to download, but how about uploading back?
Enterprise Edition is a portal solution (similar to Cloud solution) hosted on your own server. Enterprise Edition license does not allow to integrate the document editor with Nextcloud. Integration Edition is just a Document Server that you can integrate with other document management systems like Nextcloud.

I recommend contacting our Sales team at sales@onlyoffice.com to receive more info about ONLYOFFICE licenses.