Upgrade Docker Community Edition v9.5 to latest version problem : onlyoffice.socket failed

Questions/problems on Docker
w3bigdata

Upgrade Docker Community Edition v9.5 to latest version problem : onlyoffice.socket failed

Post by w3bigdata » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:36 pm

Hello,

following another problem with API access on our current version of OnlyOffice Community Edition v9.5.4.553 we have decided to update to the latest version.

I have followed all the upgrade instruction here
https://hub.docker.com/r/onlyoffice/com ... ty-server

Community server is currently installed with document server (v5.0.7.38) and mail server(v1.6.27), wich we have not planned to update yet.

All default paths have been used (storing data) :

Code: Select all

# docker inspect --format='{{range $p,$conf:=.HostConfig.Binds}}{{$conf}};{{end}}' COMMUNITY_SERVER_ID
/app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs:/var/log/onlyoffice
/app/onlyoffice/DocumentServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/DocumentServerData
/app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data
I have deleted the current container :

# sudo docker rm -f COMMUNITY_SERVER_ID
and removed the docker image :

# sudo docker rmi -f $(sudo docker images | grep onlyoffice/communityserver | awk '{ print $3 }')
Then I have relaunched a new image, downloaded from the latest OnlyOffice version :

# sudo docker run -i -t -d -p 80:80 -v /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/logs:/var/log/onlyoffice -v /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/data:/var/www/onlyoffice/Data -v /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/mysql:/var/lib/mysql onlyoffice/communityserver
I had to rename the new installed container wich was called 'hardcore_liskov' (?) for my startup scripts to work :

# docker rename hardcore_liskov onlyoffice-community-server
Then I accessed the default access wich displayed forever :
The portal start up process might take some time, please wait...
We are working on it
Please do not reload the page or shut down your computer
By looking at the nginx logs in the Community server container I could read hundred of lines displaying the same error :

# docker exec COMMUNITY_SERVER_ID /usr/bin/tail -f /var/log/nginx/error.log
2020/01/20 15:31:05 [crit] 118#118: *104 connect() to unix:/var/run/onlyoffice/onlyoffice.socket failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: XX.XXX.XXX.XXX, server: , request: "GET /api/2.0/capabilities.json HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/onlyoffice/onlyoffice.socket:", host: "<my.server.tld>", referrer: "http://<my.server.tld>/"
To my knowledge, there are no firewall rules that could explain this error...

I waited several minutes but nothing changed in the logs and I'm stucked there...

Could you please help me because I don't know what to do at this stage of what did I do wrong !

Thanks !

Alexandre

Re: Upgrade Docker Community Edition v9.5 to latest version problem : onlyoffice.socket failed

Post by Alexandre » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Hello w3bigdata.
Please note, we cannot provide technical assistance if you use old versions of ONLYOFFICE components. We strongly recommend to install latest updates for all components. Please note, Document Server 5.0 was released more than 2 years ago. Lots of essential bugfixes and new features have been added since then.
As for your case, we recommend you to install updates for all components via script bash opensource-install.sh -u true.