Nextcloud or Owncloud

Questions/problems on Docker
CarmeloLabadie

Nextcloud or Owncloud

Post by CarmeloLabadie » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:31 am

I've got a server (old 32 bit desktop computer that I run headless with minimal install) that is in another part of the state. The woman I built it for takes a lot of pictures and I had planned on setting up her server with Owncloud (or NextCloud), but neither seem to be available anymore, in portage anyhow).

Ideally I'd like to give her WordPress and *cloud so she can have her images saved AND make her website easily (she is very busy, and not very computer savvy).

I'm not "new" new, but I do have to stumble around before I get things figured out.

Are there any available applications that are as easy for a non computer person to use for uploading their images as one of the *cloud applications? I had OwnCloud installed on my Raspberry pi (running Raspian) and she liked how that worked (auto uploading her images as she took them like Google did with their free accounts until the other day).

I tried to follow a few tutorials on here, and some that I found around the webs, but they were a few years old, and too much has changed for me to figure it out (hell, adding applications to the unmask list kicks my butt sometimes).

Looking for ideas and some assistance.
Thank you.

Alexandre

Re: Nextcloud or Owncloud

Post by Alexandre » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:39 pm

Hello CarmeloLabadie.
Probably you should take a look at personal.onlyoffice.com. It’s a cloud solution of ONLYOFFICE with storage feature.