Backup machanism in community edition docker

Questions/problems on Docker
Farook

Backup machanism in community edition docker

Post by Farook » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:56 am

I have installed onlyoffice community edition using docker. Seems there is no backup option in community edition. I would like to know where the documents or files get stored in only office community edition whether in local system where it is installed or in cloud?

Maxim

Re: Backup machanism in community edition docker

Post by Maxim » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Hello!
I would like to know where the documents or files get stored in only office community edition whether in local system where it is installed or in cloud?
/app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/data/Products/

Farook

Post by Farook » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 am

Thanks Maxim. is that backup path only for attachments uploaded to onlyoffice? Where are the chats get stored in onlyoffice? Is that in MYSQL? if so what is the username and password for accessing db

Carl

Post by Carl » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:30 am

All the information that is required to restore a portal is contained in the /Products/ folder and in the DB. In order to access the DB, run the command docker exec onlyoffice-community-server env. You will see username and password in the variables list.

goodmuyis

Post by goodmuyis » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 am

In addition, you can use the command below to backup your mysql database

docker exec onlyoffice-mysql-server /usr/bin/mysqldump -u root --password=my-secret-pw onlyoffice > ~/oo_backup.sql && ls -a

the backup file will be dumped in the user /home/user-folder OR /root in case you are using root account

For OnlyOffice files, I use rclone to move our archive backup files to Google Drive. in less than 2 min i move Both files and DB dump which is about 550Mb