Is there a "headless" configuration setup with the console possible?

Questions/problems on Docker
Tim

Is there a "headless" configuration setup with the console possible?

Post by Tim » Wed May 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello!:)

I have a few questions about the installing and configuration of OnlyOffice with Docker.

1.)
I would like to use OnlyOffice with Docker. As far as I saw, I need to do the configuration stuff (like Licencing, setup the portal etc.) just with the portal in the browser. Is it possible to do this step completely in console (the tutorials I saw so far always used the Webbrowser)? The idea would be to have some kind of "headless configuration / installation" which should be easy configurable.

2.)
Is there a possibilty to prefill the database with documents directly after the installation just with console commands?

3.)
As far I saw I am able to make links directly to my documents. Is there the possibility to get the link url (and so the location of the document) directly with the console or is it just inside OnlyOffice with my Webbrowser possible?

Thank you for your answers in advance! ;)

Carl

Re: Is there a "headless" configuration setup with the console possible?

Post by Carl » Thu May 02, 2019 10:55 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, the answer to all 3 questions is no - all these actions must be done using the portal interface.

sabrehagen

Post by sabrehagen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 am

This would be incredibly useful. My experience regarding the original requests:

1.) Manual portal configuration is a major blocker to one click deploy. Concievably environment variables could be provided to automate this initial setup so that users can go straight to editing documents. Can the onlyoffice team implement this?

Maxim

Post by Maxim » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:38 am

Hello sabrehagen!
Can the onlyoffice team implement this?
Unfortunately there are environment variables like SSL certs, port configuration and so on, that do not allow us to do that.

sabrehagen

Post by sabrehagen » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:01 am

Can't these environment variables be supplied through the container environment variables?