OnlyOffice Web and Desktop Editors both fail to render Indian (Devanagari) fonts correctly

Suggestions on website/support/API etc.
libresquirrel

OnlyOffice Web and Desktop Editors both fail to render Indian (Devanagari) fonts correctly

Post by libresquirrel » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:06 am

I am on Windows 10. I personally work with Odia and Hindi documents and OnlyOffice is simply unable to render the fonts correctly. I am using Windows where Microsoft Office native as well as Online clients render these fonts perfectly. I am attaching screenshots demonstrating the problem. On left is how it's supposed to look like and on right is how it looks on Only Office (In all four images). I have underlined in red the parts of the sentence that show up incorrectly. There are many more Indian languages out there which I don't know about. Please fix this! Link to screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/sroHPpY

George

Re: OnlyOffice Web and Desktop Editors both fail to render Indian (Devanagari) fonts correctly

Post by George » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 am

Hello,

Could you specify if you are using one and the same font for MS Office and ONLYOFFICE? If so, please name it and send us a link to the font you are using, so that we could test this rendering issue. Additionally, please specify which guide did you use to install fonts to ONLYOFFICE. Finally, please tell us what version of Document Server are you using? Could you send us an example file as well?