Feature Request - Read-Only / Modify Password Protection

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality
McShadow19

Feature Request - Read-Only / Modify Password Protection

Post by McShadow19 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:01 am

Hello there,

we are working a lot with password protection for an area / table / entire file and read-only / modify (full-access) password protections. With Desktop Editor there is a way for password protection - but only for opening the file - so you have to maintain the sharing settings.

Also we have many files in our company and from external that use the function.

It would be useful having a function that makes it possible to set and use read-only and modify passwords via web login / Desktop Editor without adjusting any sharing settings (as in MS Office). These settings are more important to us than protecting specific areas / tables.

Is there a plan doing so? If so, when could it be implemented?

Anyone who reads this post is welcome to tell whether you also have the same requirements and how you deal with it. To hear other opinions would be very interesting.

Thanks in advance,
McShadow
Attachments
Example_ReadOnly_And_Modify.PNG
Example_ReadOnly_And_Modify.PNG (4.48 KiB) Viewed 506 times

Carl

Re: Feature Request - Read-Only / Modify Password Protection

Post by Carl » Thu May 13, 2021 4:23 pm

Hello McShadow,

Do you use the Desktop Editors to work with files locally or connect them to some document storage (ONLYOFFICE Workspace/Nextcloud/ownCloud/Seafile)?

McShadow19

Re: Feature Request - Read-Only / Modify Password Protection

Post by McShadow19 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:46 am

Hello Carl,

We are still in evaluation. I tested local files using Desktop Editor and also connected it to my OnlyOffice Workspace Server. I am also considering implementing ownCloud but I didn't test it yet.

I know there is an option to set the passwords on local files using Desktop Editor but it doesn't meet our requirements.

We are sharing many files with password (read only and modify) protection from internal and external.

Regards
McShadow