Performance Issues with docker-compose

Claudius

Performance Issues with docker-compose

Post by Claudius » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,
i installed document, community and mail server with docker compose on a ESX VM with 8 cores and 8 GB ram. I experience performance issues; it takes forever to start editing a document. The first idea i had was to use an external database on a dedicated MySQL server. I have found the oo docker docs over there:

https://hub.docker.com/search/?q=onlyof ... ullCount=0

They describe how to use an external MySQL database for Community and Mailserver but not for the Document server. Are there any experiences with oo performance tuning? Am i on the right way with my idea to use an external database? Should i use the same background variables for documents like for community, eg. MYSQL_SERVER_*****="someserver" ?

Thank you in advance for your attention and response

Claudius

Claudius

Re: Performance Issues with docker-compose

Post by Claudius » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm

*** Update ***

I reinitialized oo documents, community and mailserver with three MySQL databases on a dedicated MySQL server. It is clearly faster now. Any additional ideas for performance tuning? I think i could use a dedicated docker server ....

Best regards
Claudius

AnaMih

Post by AnaMih » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Unfortunately, there are no all-in-one recipes for performance tuning.
BTW, please, check the traffic in Firebug, there may be some pending requests.

Claudius

Post by Claudius » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:24 pm

>> "BTW, please, check the traffic in Firebug, there may be some pending requests." <<
i don't understand your suggestion, but i installed Firefox & Firebug (I use chromium as my day to day browser). How should i see pending requests in Firebug? Shouldn't i be emailed about pending requests?

AnaMih

Post by AnaMih » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:16 pm

Any Browser Console (f12) may be used (such as firebug in Firefox or console in Chrome and so on) to see how long the requests are being performed.