Debian: Update-Error if db-name isn't standard-name

Issues during installation and related to database
keijko

Debian: Update-Error if db-name isn't standard-name

Post by keijko » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Hello,

during update process I got following messange:
psql: FATAL: kein pg_hba.conf-Eintrag für Host »192.168.3.31«, Benutzer »onlyoffice«, Datenbank »postgres«, SSL aus
Means my psql-server is not happy about this connection! When I look to the error-related output of "debconf-show onlyoffice-documentserver":
* onlyoffice/db-pwd: (password omitted)
* onlyoffice/db-user: onlyoffice
onlyoffice/db-port:
* onlyoffice/db-host: psql.fama.lan
onlyoffice/remove-db: false
* onlyoffice/db-type: postgres
* onlyoffice/db-name: onlyoffice
The real name of my database is "onlyoffice" and not "postgres" like the postinst-script.
When I change line 108 in "/var/lib/dpkg/info/onlyoffice-documentserver.postinst"
from
CONNECTION_PARAMS="-h$DB_HOST -p${DB_PORT:="5432"} -U$DB_USER -w"
to
CONNECTION_PARAMS="-h$DB_HOST -p${DB_PORT:="5432"} -d$DB_NAME -U$DB_USER -w"
and re-run the failed install with "apt install -f", the installation will be finish without problems an docserver is running normally.

I don't use mysql. But for me it seems there is the same issue in this postinst-script.

ciao
keijko

Alexandre

Re: Debian: Update-Error if db-name isn't standard-name

Post by Alexandre » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:52 pm

Hello keijko.
Please provide us some additional information:
1. OS of the server where ONLYOFFICE Document Server is installed.
2. Version of ONLYOFFICE Document Server before update.
3. How you performed update, send me also the link to the guide you used.
4. When you installed Document Server, was the installation “clean”? Or was PostgreSQL already on the server?

keijko

Post by keijko » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi,

1: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) / Linux 4.19.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.98-1
2: Version 5.5.0
3: For update??? It's from you offical repository "https://download.onlyoffice.com/repo/debian". Therefore I just run "apt upgrade". The installation guide was from your offical helpcenter.
4: The installation was clean. The debian machine of docmentserver never saw an installed/running psql-instance. It was separated from the first day of installation (some years ago).

ciao

Alexandre

Post by Alexandre » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:16 pm

It's a bit strange. How did you perform installation the first time? If you remember which instructions you used, point me to the link.

keijko

Post by keijko » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:19 pm

That's easy explained and you can read at your own helpcenter till now. I made the part of "Installing and configuring PostgreSQL" on my central psql-machine. At next I used your explanation of the "Additional information: more options for Document Server installation" and create the debconf in that way like "echo onlyoffice-documentserver onlyoffice/db-host string <DB_HOST> | sudo debconf-set-selections" for all necessary parameters.

After finishing pre-config of setup-variables, I let run your installation, your installation catch these informations and perform it very well (till last version). All it's documented by onlyoffice and nothing special.

Alexandre

Post by Alexandre » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you for your data.
Unfortunately, we can’t reproduce your situation with updating at the moment. Instruction seems correct and we don’t have other complaints with a similar issue.
Please let us know if the issue appears again after the next update.