IMAP

Tech support for Enterprise Version
PYG

IMAP

Post by PYG » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:53 am

Hello,

I change to ONLYOffice a few month ago (google before) and i see the IMAP method to manage the mails (when i set a email account in OnlyOffice). But it seems that this function is not working for now.
It's very important for my company to have this function. We work with shared mail box.
Please, can you make this function working ?

Thanks.

Andrew

Re: IMAP

Post by Andrew » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:13 am

Hello PYG,

Please specify link to documentation of IMAP method which you mentioned. The main differences between ONLYOFFICE Mail and other email programs are in the following facts:
  • ONLYOFFICE Mail Server supports the SMTP, IMAP and POP3 protocols, but email messages are sent using HTTP server.
  • ONLYOFFICE Mail Server does not have own email client. The Mail Aggregator is used for working with ONLYOFFICE Mail Server, like for the interaction with any other third-party mail server.
This results in some restrictions. For example, it's not possible to implement full-fledged operation via the IMAP protocol. You can check more details here.

PYG

Re: IMAP

Post by PYG » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:08 am

Thanks for your reply Andrew,

The thing I want to have is the synchronization of my mailboxes because I work with shared mailboxes.

Example:
2 users "A" and "B" share 1 mailbox: "sharebox" plus 1 personal mailbox each.
I want that when "A" reads an email in "sharebox" on onlyoffice, this mail is "read" on "sharebox" for "B".
When "A" responds to an email on "sharebox", "B" can display the answer of "A" in the "sharebox".
And conversely;)

Is there not a way to do that with onlyoffice?

I hope I have been clear (my english is bad).

Thanks.