Document Folder - what is it???

Tech support for Enterprise Version
UltraStalker

Document Folder - what is it???

Post by UltraStalker » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:18 am

Hello. There is one interesting option in the OnlyOffice documentation, here: it's "folder", the place where the document will be saved, no? And there is also simple example with web-url. So I have some questions: where does this folder must be? On the OnlyOffice server? Is it something like loclahost? Or this folder is far away from? How OnlyOffice can save file to far-away server outside?

Carl

Re: Document Folder - what is it???

Post by Carl » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:09 am

Hello UltraStalker,

It is the folder that will be displayed as Location in Document Info:

You can indicate whatever info you want there. In our own Document Management System (Community Server) we display the path to this file in the document manager (like My Documents\Folder1\Subfolder).

UltraStalker

Post by UltraStalker » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:41 am

Thank you. At the moment I am trying to understand how to save (or upload, how is true?) a user-generated stand-alone document width review and edit results and user comments - automatically, without custom actions, from a php-script to the location I need on the outside (or at least OnlyOffice) server. Studying the documentation has not yet given me an answer to this question. So, I extremely need your help, and thank you in advance for your answer.

Carl

Post by Carl » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:34 am

Hello UltraStalker,

All the steps of interaction between the Document Server and your document storage are described here:
https://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/howitworks

If you have any specific question, please let me know.

UltraStalker

Post by UltraStalker » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:05 am

To avoid of creating multiply themes, I'm writing my new question here.
There is at least one working method to write document outside - option CallBackUrl, which is giving the back OnlyOffice query with the link on document (and this link you can now use to save document as you want) after finishing of working with document. Great!
But when you using option CallBackUrl in your query - you get message look like "Document can't be saved, prepare to download it" (by the way, it will be saved - in changes tracing mode, that's enough). If you are not using this option - you wouldn't get this message, and you wouldn't get links for downloading your document.
Alas, the page "How it's work" doesn't containing any info about this trouble...
As usual - thank you before your answer.

Carl

Post by Carl » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:00 pm

Hello UltraStalker,

You won't be able to save the document unless you implement the callback handler. Callback handler (that is available at your callbackUrl) is an add-on in your document storage which receives messages from the Document Server.

The "Document couldn't be saved" error means your callback handler (and thus your document storage) is not accessible for your Document Server:
https://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/trou ... ing#error0

UltraStalker

Post by UltraStalker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 am

Thank you! It's great! My problem is solved: I just had to return the correct answer to the request from OnlyOffice, which he sent to the address specified in the callback, and you pointed me to the documentation page, which for some reason I did not get to know in time. It's really great and priceless support!