Multitenancy activation requires all subdomains to be fully allocated to onlyOFFICE

Tech support for Enterprise Version
Catilinicus

Multitenancy activation requires all subdomains to be fully allocated to onlyOFFICE

Post by Catilinicus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi all,

I currently run ONLYOFFICE in a Linux Container under Debian 9.11 with the following version: Community Server 10.0.4.1001 all, Control Panel: 2.7.0.272 all, Document Server: 5.4.1-46 amd64).

I wish to activate the multitenancy feature. Howevere doing so requires according to OO instructions laid down in multitenancy.aspx to:
‘Create the wildcard A record specifying the asterisk " * " as a name to enable subdomains’
This means that all the subdomains of my domain have to allocated to onlyOFFICE which is something that I cannot afford and that seems unreasonable.

Has anyone encountered the same problem? Did any of you find a workaround ?

Thank you all for answers and help

Andrew

Re: Multitenancy activation requires all subdomains to be fully allocated to onlyOFFICE

Post by Andrew » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Hello Catilinicus,

My colleague Alexander answered you in zendesk ticket about this issue, I post it here also:

We just checked the case, it will work if you add A records for subdomains only and not for *. Please try to do that and check if it works for you.
Please also note that all subdomains won't be allocated to ONLYOFFICE, if you add * in the A record.
Please specify the domain name of your portal.