Uncommited Files to NextCloud

Any issues about docs (uploading, editing and etc.)
aschrock

Uncommited Files to NextCloud

Post by aschrock » Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 pm

I am using OnlyOffice integrated with NextCloud 17.0.3. I unsuccessfully tried to upgrade my existing OnlyOffice configuration and then just decided to create a new virtual machine instead. Sorry, but I am uncertain where to look to find the different version numbers. Both versions are running fine. However, when I swapped over to using it (about a month after creation) I have files that are not showing as updated on NextCloud. If I switch back to the older server, they are there and updated to the correct revision. This was surprising as I thought OnlyOffice always wrote out all files at the end of the session and didn't have anything still on the onlyoffice server. I need to know how to get these files all committed to the NextCloud server and so I can switch over to the latest version. Also, i want to know if there is an option to allow this to not happen in the future.

I realize this could go in a NextCloud forum as well - not sure the best place to post it so I am starting here.

Thank you.

Alan

Carl

Re: Uncommited Files to NextCloud

Post by Carl » Tue May 05, 2020 8:55 am

Hello Alan,

There could have been some open editing sessions before you switched to the new server, and all changes and files were left in the older Document Server's file system and database. To prevent such data loss, there is a special script /usr/bin/documentserver-prepare4shutdown.sh. When you run it (bash documentserver-prepare4shutdown), it forcefully disconnects all the users from editing sessions, builds all the file versions and send them to the storage (Nextcloud in your case). So before any Document Server upgrade or replacement, please run this script.

Note: due to some bug in the current version of the Document Server, the default version of the script works if your Document Server listens to default 80 port. For custom ports, script edits are required.

aschrock

Re: Uncommited Files to NextCloud

Post by aschrock » Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Thanks Carl. I just finally had an opportunity to try this and it seems to have done the trick!

Alan