Moving The Community Edition to a New Machine

Update/Migration/Backup issues
koksalbasar

Moving The Community Edition to a New Machine

Post by koksalbasar » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi friends,

I searched on the forum but I can't find any topic about this subject.

I need to move our Onlyoffice Community Edition (Windows - Version 10.0.740) to a new machine because of technical issues. How can I carry the data manually? If it's possible I can try to use Linux instead of Windows.

Thanks for your support,
Köksal BAŞAR
Köksal BAŞAR

koksalbasar

Re: Moving The Community Edition to a New Machine

Post by koksalbasar » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:39 pm

Hi guys,

It's very quiet here. Is that's meaning I'll lose my data if I change the box?

Is there nobody to help me, with her/his experience?

Thanks,
Köksal BAŞAR
Köksal BAŞAR

Carl

Post by Carl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Hello Köksal,

I'm afraid we don't have ready instructions for migration from Windows to Linux. You can manually copy the portal files and database from Windows machine to Linux, but we cannot give a 100% guarantee it will work. If you want to give it a try, do it like this:

1. First of all install the latest Community Server version 10.5.3 on your Windows machine.
2. Log in to HeidiSQL (a utility for working with MySQL databases on Windows - if you don't have it, please install it) with root user and password from C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascensio System SIA\CommunityServer\WebStudio\web.connections.config. Hostname is 127.0.0.1 and port is 3306.
3. Right-click on onlyoffice database => Export database as SQL. This SQL file is a dump (backup copy) of your database.
4. Copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ascensio System SIA\CommunityServer\Data. This is a default directory where all portal files are stored.
5. Install ONLYOFFICE Community Edition on your new server using our installation script:
https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/serve ... ation.aspx
6. Place the Data folder to /var/www/onlyoffice/ directory on the new server. Make sure the owner of the Data folder and all its subfolders is onlyoffice:onlyoffice.
7. Connect to mysql with root user and password from /var/www/onlyoffice/WebStudio/web.connections.config and restore the database: mysql -uroot -p[password] < [name of the DB dump file].
8. Check if the portal is functioning and all the data is there. Do not remove the old installation until you are 100% sure everything is in order.

koksalbasar

Post by koksalbasar » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:00 am

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your clear instructions. I'll try it as soon as possible and I'll be shared you the results.

All my best wishes,
Köksal BAŞAR
Köksal BAŞAR