Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Out of memory for spreadsheet editor tab in browser

Tech support for Enterprise Version

Out of memory for spreadsheet editor tab in browser

Postby rudais » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:44 am

Hello,

In spreadsheet editor in some cases our server users have been running into issue where
if something is done with whole row or column then editor thinks that the action is being
applied to "whole" row/column up to infinity. Which end's in client side browser attempting to
process it and spreadsheet editor tab ram consumption simply grows up to around 4gigs and kicks
out with using to much ram before document can be loaded.

This problem is not always reproducible. I've seen it even being triggered when selecting whole column
and applying filtering to it. Or when pressing upper left button that marks all cells and preparing to
copy the content.

Yesterday we ran into scenario where up to 6 users where working on one document simultaneously and
one of them had applied some action to document that caused this same effect. Which ended up being saved
Ones that had document open were still able to do various things with it. But for ones that tried opening
it again it ended up in that OOM situational with browser tab.

Has something like this been reported/fixed? I am currently running latest versions that are available
via docker control panel upgrade panel.

Regards,
Rudais.
rudais

Re: Out of memory for spreadsheet editor tab in browser

Postby Maxim » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 am

Hello rudais!
How much RAM on your Onlyoffice server?
Maxim

Postby rudais » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:54 am

1. Server has about 10G ram and 14G swap.

Code: Select all
krisjanis@oo:~$ free -m                                                                                                                                                                                               
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available                                                                                                                                       
Mem:           9761        4419        1379         152        3962        4818                                                                                                                                       
Swap:         13118         692       12426           

Per grafana I can see that server had some resource spikes, but nothing that should had exceeded what I have provisioned for it's VM.
oo_grafana.png
server_stats_grafana
oo_grafana.png (211.23 KiB) Viewed 398 times

2. On workstations we usually have 8-16G depending on HW build age. But browsers them selves seem to have this +-4G limit per tab.

3. How does this processing work? I though that over all it's done on client browser side when doc is being loaded?
rudais

Postby Maxim » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 am

Hello rudais!
Is it docker installation?
Maxim

Postby rudais » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 am

Yes, it's a docker installation.
rudais

Return to Enterprise Version