Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Save button in Document Server

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

Save button in Document Server

Postby ooeval » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Hi,

We are integrating document server to our website. We don't want to use AutoSave and it is not immediately obvious to our users where the save button is. We need to be able to control the button (for example have a larger more visible button in the toolbar).

Is it possible to do this, so add a button that can perform the same functions as the existing save button. Ideally we would want a "save and close" button that performs the document save and then closes the window.

Regards
ooeval

Re: Save button in Document Server

Postby Carl » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am

Hello,

You can disable the auto-save option in the document editor's interface (File => Advanced Settings), but please note that it directly affects co-editing (only strict co-editing mode is available with disabled autosave). The Save button becomes available in this case.
You can also disable autosave in the document editor initialization config.

As for customizing the Save button, this cannot be done by standard tools in our api. If you are interested in such customization, please contact our Sales team at sales@onlyoffice.com to discuss it.
Carl

Postby ooeval » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Thanks for the info. Without auto save on, the user will need to click the save button. Is there any way I can trap whether the document is saved or not so if a user tries to exit without clicking the save button, I can prompt them to save ? The editor is imbedded into a web site and the code to check whether it is saved will need to run from the parent page
ooeval

Postby Maxim » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:44 am

Hello ooeval!
Without auto save on, the user will need to click the save button. Is there any way I can trap whether the document is saved or not so if a user tries to exit without clicking the save button, I can prompt them to save ?

You cannot, but you can use our API and forcesave
Maxim

Postby malbinola » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:02 pm

ooeval wrote:Is there any way I can trap whether the document is saved or not so if a user tries to exit without clicking the save button, I can prompt them to save ?

I got what you asked for using onDocumentStateChange event.
You can check the event.data callback argument to determine if your document is in dirty state or not; you can save this state for later.
Then when the user clicks on the close button you can decide to display a confirmation message based on the last saved dirty value.

But... what about the document key?
Do you have generated new document key after the on-demand save process?

Thank you ;)
malbinola

Postby Maxim » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 am

Hello malbinola!
Do you have generated new document key after the on-demand save process?

Yes, every time you need to generate a new key for your document if it was edited.
Maxim

Return to Document Server