Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Hebrew Support in ONLYOFFICE Desktop

Suggestions on website/support/API etc.

Hebrew Support in ONLYOFFICE Desktop

Postby HelloWorld » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi,
My name is Natan and I'm from Israel. First of all, I apologize for my english - I might have some (or many) misspellings. I must say, I really love your product. it's beautiful and useful, and I definitly love to use it. but - I've noticed a problem, which is big when you try to type in hebrew: Letters are shown in reverse. I've attached an PNG file to show you what I mean. It also happening when you export the file to pdf. I hope you'll be able to solve this. Thank you very much for this great product. Also - If you need help to support this program to hebrew, I'd like to help.

(Using Desktop Editor 5.1.29.348, windows 10)
HelloWorld

Re: Hebrew Support in ONLYOFFICE Desktop

Postby Maxim » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:23 am

Hello HelloWorld!
Thank you for your feedback! We will take it into account.
Maxim

Postby HelloWorld » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 am

Maxim wrote:Hello HelloWorld!
Thank you for your feedback! We will take it into account.

Hi,
I've searched the Internet and found out that other users had complaints about this issue, even two years ago. Is it going to change?
HelloWorld

Postby Maxim » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:27 am

Hello HelloWorld!
We know about this issue. We understand that it is very important to implement RTL option. Unfortunately but i cannot say when it is going to be implemented in Onlyoffice.
Maxim

Postby HelloWorld » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:32 pm

Maxim wrote:Hello HelloWorld!
We know about this issue. We understand that it is very important to implement RTL option. Unfortunately but i cannot say when it is going to be implemented in Onlyoffice.

Hi,
I must say that I am very disappointed. I really love ONLYOFFICE and it's, in my opinion - the best open source office solutions. But - it's the best if you ignore this huge disadvantage, which hasn't solved yet for 2 years (or more? I don't know) and simply isn't friendly for Hebrew (/Yiddish) and Arabic speakers.
You say the same thing that others said before - Nobody can know if and when it will support RTL, but still you also aware to the fact that it's important.

Unfortunately, I'm about to uninstall ONLYOFFICE and install other software - and I feel really bad because I really liked this one. It has the look and the feel of the "real thing" - MS OFFICE, and it's also Open source and I prefer using Open Source projects over MS products - I believe in the open source and collaboration but I have no use in this software if my language is not supported now and probably will not be supported anytime soon. If I ignore this issue - I would rate you 5 stars, because you really deserve this. but - with this giant issue, I would give it 3.5 or 4...

Anyway, I hope one day you'll support RTL. even in the next 2 years. better late than never.

Thank you for your response.
HelloWorld

Postby Maxim » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:15 am

Hello HelloWorld!
Thank you for your open feedback. We really understand how RTL is important and i hope that Onlyoffice will get that feature this year.
Maxim

Postby zkhaial » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Re: Arabic / Hebrew Support in ONLYOFFICE Desktop

I hope all is well.

Missing this feature is making things very challenging for many people and may different parts of the world.

Just wondering if there are other reasons for ignoring this feature?

Zayd
zkhaial

Return to Miscellaneous