Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

IMAP Connection works like POP3 and Inbox not working

Adding a first (new) user / portal activity notifications / email / chat

IMAP Connection works like POP3 and Inbox not working

Postby koksalbasar » Wed May 09, 2018 11:42 am

Hi,

We are using the community edition for the small team.

Version:
ONLYOFFICE_Community_Edition_Win-install.v18.03.188

Configuration:
Six-Core - VPS
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
24GB Ram
600GB HDD

We have two issues.

(1) We have been configured our e-mails with IMAP. But I saw that the inbox is working like a POP3 client. The read or the deleted items are not synchronizing with ONLYOFFICE inbox. (Is this an issue or your standard?)

(2) Sometimes the OnlyOffice could not receive the emails. During this problem, OnlyOffice can't receive the emails but can send. I could not find a special error message in the Event Viewer and the services (ONLYOFICE Mail and Watchdog) seem working. When I try to restart the Mail service it failed.

Is this information enough to solve this issues or do you need any extra information? If you do, which kind of information can I share with you?

Thanks for your support,
Koksal BASAR
koksalbasar

Re: IMAP Connection works like POP3 and Inbox not working

Postby Maxim » Fri May 11, 2018 9:00 am

Hello koksalbasar!
1. Is this an issue or your standard?

It works that way, it works like Mail Aggregator only.
2. Sometimes the OnlyOffice could not receive the emails. During this problem, OnlyOffice can't receive the emails but can send.

Have you checked logs?
Maxim

Postby koksalbasar » Sat May 12, 2018 9:55 am

Hi Maxim,
Thank you for your answers and guidance.

2. Sometimes the OnlyOffice could not receive the emails. During this problem, OnlyOffice can't receive the emails but can send.

Have you checked logs?

I found many recursive errors. The last one like this. These are not meaningful for me. I hope it helps for you.
2018-05-11 17:44:31,406 ERROR MainThread : CloseMailClient(Tenant = 1, MailboxId = 9, Address = 'koksal.basar@gmail.com') Exception: The CancellationTokenSource has been disposed.

2018-05-11 18:38:53,218 ERROR Mbox_9 Task_32490 : ProcessMailbox(Tenant = 1, MailboxId = 9, Address = 'koksal.basar@gmail.com')
Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadAhead(Int32 atleast, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadToken(String specials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadToken(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapCommand.Step()
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapEngine.Iterate()
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapEngine.Wait(ImapCommand ic)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapFolder.Fetch(Int32 min, Int32 max, MessageSummaryItems items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.GetFolderUids(IMailFolder folder)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.LoadFolderMessages(IMailFolder folder, MailFolder mailFolder, Int32 limitMessages)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.AggregateImap(TasksConfig tasksConfig, Int32 limitMessages)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.CollectionService.AggregatorService.ProcessMailbox(MailClient client, TasksConfig tasksConfig)

Other errors
Exception: System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.FixedSizeReader.ReadPacket(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartFrameHeader(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.StartReading(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security._SslStream.ProcessRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadAhead(Int32 atleast, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadToken(String specials, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapStream.ReadToken(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapCommand.Step()
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapEngine.Iterate()
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapEngine.Wait(ImapCommand ic)
at MailKit.Net.Imap.ImapFolder.Fetch(Int32 min, Int32 max, MessageSummaryItems items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.GetFolderUids(IMailFolder folder)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.LoadFolderMessages(IMailFolder folder, MailFolder mailFolder, Int32 limitMessages)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.Core.Clients.MailClient.AggregateImap(TasksConfig tasksConfig, Int32 limitMessages)
at ASC.Mail.Aggregator.CollectionService.AggregatorService.ProcessMailbox(MailClient client, TasksConfig tasksConfig)

I have tried to find some information from the Windows Events. I found these two. (I'm not sure if it's connected with our issue.)
IFANDVALURA 15021 Error Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent System 11.05.2018 13:13:42
An error occurred while using SSL configuration for endpoint 0.0.0.0:443. The error status code is contained within the returned data.

IFANDVALURA 513 Error Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2 Application 11.05.2018 13:12:16
Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.

Details:
AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.

System Error:
Access is denied.

In addition, our e-mail service provider is Yandex. There was an error in both Yandex and Gmail.

PS.
When I restart the mail service (if it can) the issue disappears.

Thanks for your support,
Köksal BAŞAR
koksalbasar

Postby Maxim » Tue May 15, 2018 11:00 am

Hello koksalbasar!
When I restart the mail service (if it can) the issue disappears.

Now is it OK? There is no issue at this moment?
Maxim

Postby koksalbasar » Mon May 28, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Maxim,

Nothing is changed. I have to restart the services always (at least one day of the week). Sometimes (40 - 50%) service can't restart itself. That time I must restart my server. This is not efficient.

I had not been finding any solution.

Need helps yet.

Thanks
koksalbasar

Postby Maxim » Wed May 30, 2018 9:25 am

Hello koksalbasar!
Did you switch Community Server to HTTPS protocol? Self-signed certs?
Maxim

Postby koksalbasar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am

Hi Maxim,

Yes, we did. We're using cloudflare.com infrastructure and https is working.

In addition, the red patches are not working for the upper right side icons. (How many new mails or feed are there?) When I click on the email or the feed icons, I can see the new mail or actions. For example, I can see how many new emails near the Inbox in the red patch.

All the Onlyoffice services are running except the Onlyoffice Indexer.

I don't know what is wrong.

The fresh installation may be the solution, what is your suggestion? Is any backup procedure in the Onlyoffice if decided to the fresh installation?

Thanks for your support,
KB
koksalbasar

Postby koksalbasar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Maxim,

Could we find any solution for the following issue?

Thanks,

koksalbasar wrote:Hi Maxim,

Yes, we did. We're using cloudflare.com infrastructure and https is working.

In addition, the red patches are not working for the upper right side icons. (How many new mails or feed are there?) When I click on the email or the feed icons, I can see the new mail or actions. For example, I can see how many new emails near the Inbox in the red patch.

All the Onlyoffice services are running except the Onlyoffice Indexer.

I don't know what is wrong.

The fresh installation may be the solution, what is your suggestion? Is any backup procedure in the Onlyoffice if decided to the fresh installation?

Thanks for your support,
KB
koksalbasar

Postby Maxim » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 am

Hello koksalbasar!
Errors what you get are connected with SSL issue. I suppose you should check your SSL certs.
Maxim

Return to Notification issues