Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Spreadsheets always receive standard cell styles

Suggestions on Document Server Installation/Functionality

Spreadsheets always receive standard cell styles

Postby mus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 am

I have a nice corporate XLSX table where i carefully deleted (in MS Excel) all of the unnecessary cell styles, leaving nothing but my custom styles and the undeletable "normal" style.

As soon as i open this document in OO, it silently 1) replaces my custom "normal" with a default and to make things worse, 2) it adds all of these unnecessary and, frankly, ugly cell styles ("accent 1...6, currency etc") that i just removed in excel.

Even worse, they appear on top of the list (while Excel places custom styles first), making a simple change of styles a matter of multiple clicks (heck, still can't add a keyboard shortcut for that, can we?)

screenshot annoooyance.png
screenshot annoooyance.png (135.77 KiB) Viewed 637 times

This is part of a larger problem where (i posted this before) in a mixed environment where a file is both edited in oo and MS Office, you can never be certain that oo doesn't silently change, add or delete things (Videos in PPT? conditional formatting? Images on spreadsheets?) in the document. I am depressed this can't be remedied.
mus

Re: Spreadsheets always receive standard cell styles

Postby Maxim » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:01 am

Hello mus!
Please can you attach this file to analyze?
Maxim

Re: Spreadsheets always receive standard cell styles

Postby mus » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:01 pm

Sure. Here it is.
1) open it in excel (mac). It will show only these styles:
excel.png
excel.png (89.29 KiB) Viewed 427 times
. Note that the custom styled are at the top of the list, which makes sense.
2) open it in OO (i used 4.8.8 Desktop and 5.1.1 self hosted). The list of styles is expanded as described above. My custom styles are at the end of a list with about 47 distracting entries.
mus

Return to Document Server