Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Assistance with onlyoffice document server missing features

Issues during installation, usage and configuring

Assistance with onlyoffice document server missing features

Postby greavette » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Hello Team,

I'm hoping someone can assist me figure out the following for our onlyoffice document server and how we use it with Nextcloud 12.

I've successfully installed onlyffice document server on CentOS 7. I've connected this to my Nextcloud server and I can view/edit documents in Onlyoffice from Nextcloud. But I'd like to be able to do the following and cannot find out how to do this.

[list=]I want to be able to create a template of a word document in my Nextcloud and when I open it that template document save it with a new name into my Nextcloud. I hope I'm describing it correctly for you all to understand. Is there a way to set this up? If using a template is not available in onlyoffice, then is there a way to save a document I've opened with a new name? So in my example I have a document called template.docx. I open template.docx from my Nextcloud using my onlyoffice and make the necessary changes. I then save the document in onlyoffice with a new name. Is this possible?

Related to my first question...how do I set onlyoffice to not save documents by default? I see how I can turn off auto document saving (Word and Excel), but it appears to be checked/enabled by default. Is there a way in my onlyoffice document server to set the defaults for this?

I like to have the ability to open from my Nextcloud a PDF document in onlyoffice for reading only (not editing the PDF)? Can onlyoffice open PDF documents?[/list]

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
greavette

Re: Assistance with onlyoffice document server missing featu

Postby Maxim » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:33 am

Hello greavette!
Can onlyoffice open PDF documents?

Onlyoffice supports opening PDF files in view mode only.
I want to be able to create a template of a word document in my Nextcloud

You can use our plugins. There is a template plugin you can use in Document Server. How to install plugin see here
Maxim

Postby greavette » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:07 pm

HI Maxim,

Very much appreciate your reply to my queries.

I will dig into the template plugins. Glad to hear there are plugins. I'm using the free standalone onlyoffice document server on CentOS and I've installed the onlyoffice App in Nextcloud. I didn't know that onlyoffice document server had plugins to enhance it's functionality.

As for the PDF viewer...my Nextcloud App for onlyoffice does not have an option for PDF? I have documents, spreadsheets and presentation and text files only. How do I add PDF viewer to my nextcloud onlyoffice App?

Thank you.
greavette

Postby greavette » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Hello Maxim,

I have Onlyoffice Document Server installed on my CentOS 7 server. So my onlyoffice location is: /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs-plugins/

1. Where do I find the Document Server Config file? I'm reading that in this file onlyoffice lists all the plugins that are available. I would like to remove some plugins so I'm assuming I need to edit this config file. What is the name of the Document Server Config file on CentOS .

2. I can see that the template plugin is already installed. I have a Word Dcoument that I want to make into a template. Do you have instructions on how I can add my existing Open Office Word Document (docx) into an onlyoffice template?

Thank you.
greavette

Postby Maxim » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:24 am

Hello greavette!
As for the PDF viewer...
editor supports PDF format in view mode only.
How do I add PDF viewer to my nextcloud onlyoffice App?
You shouldn't add PDF viewer. There is no such viewer.
Where do I find the Document Server Config file?
For Linux - /etc/onlyoffice/documentserver/default.json.

There are two ways to install plugins:
1 Put the folder with the plugin code to ONLYOFFICE Document Server folder
Code: Select all
For Linux - /var/www/onlyoffice/documentserver/sdkjs-plugins/

2 Edit the Document Server config to add the lines
Code: Select all
"plugins": {
      "pluginsData": [
        "http://example.com/plugin1/config.json",
        "http://example.com/plugin2/config.json",

You can use both of them.
If you want to unistall plugin you should delete folder with the plugin code or delete lines in the config file. So uninstalling of plugin depends on what way you have chosen to install plugin.
Maxim

Postby greavette » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:30 am

Thank you Maxim for your continued help. I'm very happy with what I've seen from OnlyOffice so far. Great product and I applaud the devs in creating this.

Regarding templates...is there a documented way for me to take a Word Document and create an onlyoffice template from this Word document. My Word Document is a form where headings are provided on the left and blank lines are to the right of each heading. The user will be filling out the answers to these headings on the right so being able to create a Template would work perfectly for this document we use.

Any advice you can provide to me on how to convert or create an onlyoffice template from a Word Document would be greatly appreciated.
greavette

Postby greavette » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Hello Maxim or anyone else who can assist.

Is there a way to take a Word Document and convert this into a template for our OnlyOffice Document server we're using from our Nextcloud?

Thank you.
greavette

Postby greavette » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello Forum,

Does no answer mean that there is no documented steps on how to convert any Word Document into a template for OnlyOffice?

Any tips or pointers even on how to create a template would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.
greavette

Return to ownCloud/Nextcloud ONLYOFFICE integration app