Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

ConversionAPI and displaying/viewing converted doc

Integration questions/issues

ConversionAPI and displaying/viewing converted doc

Postby makafis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello,

I am new to working with the DocumentServer API but have found it pretty easy to work with so far. The issue that I am having is when I convert a document from one file format to another. I do not know how to view the newly converted doc. I get the success message and URL when the conversion completes however anytime I try and display the new converted url in the editors/viewing services they are unable to download the file. Is there anything that I should be looking for specifically? I cannot find any documentation as to what to do when a document is finished converting.

Thanks for any help or direction.

-Vinny
makafis

Re: ConversionAPI and displaying/viewing converted doc

Postby Maxim » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:43 am

Hello makafis!
I get the success message and URL when the conversion completes however anytime I try and display the new converted url in the editors/viewing services they are unable to download the file.

Is this url accessible? Check this out please. Maybe the problem is that URL doesn't resolve from outside in document server. Is there a way that this url would be from your network (LAN). Or you have to download the file and open the file with new URL.
Is there anything that I should be looking for specifically?

The way you do it is correct. You don't have to look for smth. else.
By the way, why do you need to convert the file before opening?
Maxim

Re: ConversionAPI and displaying/viewing converted doc

Postby makafis » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. The URL is not accessible. I will try and "download" the document from the returned URL and see if this one will allow me to view.

The reason I am trying to view the converted document is because I want to see how the converted document looks in comparison to the original. I have many documents that are scanned images that I may convert to a png from pdf. If I allow users to download their file in any format, I need to check that each format maintains the quality of the original doc.
makafis

Return to API