Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Verifying document contents

Integration questions/issues

Verifying document contents

Postby jonny_s » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Hello all,

Quick question about using the Document Server API with a document storage system - when the Document Server sends a JSON block back to the document store, it contains a URL to the saved version of the document you are editing. My question is how can we validate that the document we download from that URL is the document the URL says it is? I can see an md5 parameter in the URL, but can't match that against anything.

Is there any way to grab a checksum of the file? Or is there another method of verifying the file?

Many thanks.
jonny_s

Re: Verifying document contents

Postby Maxim » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 am

Hello jonny_s!
is there another method of verifying the file?

There is no, Document Server sends a JSON block to the document storage that was opened, we know that what file was opened.
Maxim

Postby jonny_s » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 am

Maxim wrote:There is no, Document Server sends a JSON block to the document storage that was opened, we know that what file was opened.

Would it be possible to add an MD5 checksum of the file to the JSON? We are worried that the file could become malformed during transit and therefore be a different file than expected.
jonny_s

Postby Maxim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:44 am

Hello jonny_s !
Would it be possible to add an MD5 checksum of the file to the JSON?

I have redirected your feedback to our developers but i think there is no need to add an MD5 checksum of the file. Before we added http header Content-MD5 but we had to remove it.
Maxim

Return to API