Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

CallbackURL issues

Integration questions/issues

CallbackURL issues

Postby misa.djalovic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:44 am

Hi,
I have installed Document Server on Microsoft VPN and need to integrate OnlyOffice on my web application. Our clients can store documents on our server and we decided to use OnlyOffice for viewing and editing these documents. I have tried viewing documents with no problem but editing is not working for me and i think that is because of callbackUrl is not setup properly.
Does the callbackUrl need to be on the document server? I have tried setting the callback to my web app url but that does not seems to work.
Basically, i need to send the callback to my app and not the document server. Is that possible and if so, can you provide info about it.
Thanks
misa.djalovic

Re: CallbackURL issues

Postby Maxim » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 am

Hello misa.djalovic!
I advise you to read this information and this one.
Maxim

Postby misa.djalovic » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

Hi Maxim,
Thanks for the reply. I have already read those pages but I am still not in the clear what it all means.
I think that I am not clear what are Document storage service and Document editing service.
Can anyone elaborate on that?
misa.djalovic

Postby bclauss » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:49 am

Hey,
If you have your document server on the same server that the callback Service, you need to use the real IP and not the 'localhost' name in the config object at the call of the API. Otherwise the onlyoffice server won't reach to resolve the hostname.

It can be completely useless but say me if it works..

Baptiste
bclauss

Return to API