Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Document could not be saved

Integration questions/issues

Document could not be saved

Postby tomc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Hey All-
We've been setting up OnlyOffice on our servers, and we're trying to integrate the Document Server with our own proprietary filebox. I've managed to get the editor to appear in a window using the config settings, but all the documents give an error when opened (image attached). My question is, what needs to be true of the document in order for it to be editable (e.g. you must have write permissions, or it must be on a local server)? Or, do I need to copy the file to the document server somehow? I'm just not totally clear what's causing these errors and can't find much documentation for them.
Screenshot from 2017-08-03 13-25-18.png
Screenshot from 2017-08-03 13-25-18.png (176.02 KiB) Viewed 223 times
tomc

Re: Document could not be saved

Postby Maxim » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:25 am

Hello tomc!
First of all specify what instruction did you follow to install Onlyoffice?
This error means that the Document editing service cannot upload the file for editing, also the Document editing service cannot connect to the Document storage service at the editorConfig.callbackUrl address.
Document manager where you keep your files is not accessible for the Document Server, Document Server tries to save a file via url it has but cannot connect for some reason.
Maxim

Postby tomc » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:21 pm

Oh, I see, I should've just checked the troubleshooting page! I've gotten a bit farther here, but I was wondering, how do you build a callback url? Is it just preprocessing a JSON object and interpreting it into the changes that need to be made to the filesystem?

I wasn't able to find the code for how this page works within the community server or the document server, is there somewhere I can view it for reference?

Thank you!
tomc

Postby Maxim » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:36 am

Hello tomc!
As i understand you are trying to integrate the Document Server. To do this you should visit our API. There some examples you can test, there is section "How it works" whuch explanes some processes.
Maxim

Postby tomc » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Yes, that's what we're doing. I've been combing the API for a while and it's certainly helpful, but it's not clear what the callbackUrl needs to do. Is it receiving a JSON object from the document server via post request, and telling the document storage service what changes to make? I've been searching through the community server as well as an example, and I can't find the actual code that's executed when this happens.

Is it possible to do this purely with Node.js? Or is the .NET / ashx page required? What is that ashx page telling the community server (or any other document storage service, in the case of integration)?
tomc

Postby Maxim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:22 am

Hello tomc!
Here is info about callbackURl
Maxim

Postby tomc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 pm

That page is great, but it doesn't really tell me anything about how it works!
tomc

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:23 am

Hello tomc!
Please ask you questions what you want to know, we will try to explain.
Maxim

Return to API