Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Imap folders / tags

Imap folders / tags

Postby jsdckr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:22 am

Greetings

Thank you for such fantastic software. I am using the docker (latest) version on Linux of CommunityServer and DocumentServer.

Quick question on the email server. Imap folders on a remote server - I see these are treated as tags.

- Is there any way to determine which IMAP folders are synced to OnlyOffice?
- Is there any way to "move" an email to a folder, from the inbox view (or to 'archive' email) - ....or failing that, to filter to display only emails that are untagged?

....so that you don't have your entire email history sitting in your inbox.

With grateful thanks for your support

Jamie
jsdckr

Re: Imap folders / tags

Postby Maxim » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:52 am

Hello Jamie!
Mail module which we used in Community Server works like Email Agregator. It doesn't have full supported POP3 or IMAP protocols. Mail module just download your inbox.
- Is there any way to determine which IMAP folders are synced to OnlyOffice?
- Is there any way to "move" an email to a folder, from the inbox view (or to 'archive' email) - ....or failing that, to filter to display only emails that are untagged?
there is no way....but i redirect your wish to our developers.
Maxim

Postby jsdckr » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:26 pm

Kia ora

Thanks so much for coming back to me. Our team (we're a small New Zealand charity who LOVE your software, and really couldn't do what we do without it) would very much like to use the software to handle their email (rather than operating two email platforms). I guess the easiest way to achieve this would just be the 'filter for messages with no tags'. I'd be very keen to assist with this.... can you point me in the right direction?

...I see that IMAP Inbox subfolders are synced, as is the Sent box. Just a 'move to folder' capability would be fantastic. We only tend to file into two folders - a temporary folder and a keeps folder.

...would really appreciate your further advice if time allows.

Once again with grateful thanks

Jamie
jsdckr

Postby jsdckr » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Greetings

Sorry to follow up again on my own question - but it looks like redeploying the Spam function slightly to become an 'Archive' (ie move the email to a different imap folder) would be a really easy way of making a little hack to achieve this short-term (obviously I'd lose the Spam functionality, but no dramas there). Does anyone see any issues with this?

Many thanks again

Jamie
jsdckr

Postby Maxim » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 am

Hello Jamie!
We will try to implement the feature your wish (to move the email to a different imap folder).
We have such plans on our roadmap.
Maxim

Postby jsdckr » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:52 pm

...brilliant! Many thanks for such a great response.

All power to you in your work

Jamie
jsdckr

Postby Maxim » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:07 am

Hello Jamie!
Thank you very much! We try to make OnlyOffice better together.
Maxim

Return to Miscellaneous