Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Differences between free version and enterprise

Differences between free version and enterprise

Postby Troberg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 am

I'm trying out the free version, as a solution for myself (as I'm often on the road) and my family. At the moment, I'm only looking at the document server, but will probably look into the others at some point to get some of their features (such as calendar and mail server).

However, when I set up the Docker image and try it, it comes up as Demo, and there is no access control, anyone can access the documents I've used without any login (unless I put it behind my VPN and get access control that way, but even then, maybe I don't want everyone in the family to have access to all documents).

So, my question is: Is there anywhere some comprehensive list of differences between the versions? What limitations are there in the free version?

I don't want to put a lot of effort into this, just to find out that the demo is too crippled to be of any use, so can someone please clear this up?
Troberg

Re: Differences between free version and enterprise

Postby Dean » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:54 am

Hello,

In Document Server there is no access rights managing tool, as far as it is included to the Community Server.

In the integration examples in or documentation for API (http://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/basic) you can find some permissions on editing or viewing file for particular users: http://api.onlyoffice.com/editors/config/document/permissions. those are set to edit or view, and download or not.
Dean

Postby Troberg » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:40 am

Thank you!

Are there any functional differences between the free version and the enterprise version (apart from Control Panel)? Actually, my main question is: Will the free version "time out", or is it simply a slightly less "enterprisey" version?
Troberg

Postby Dean » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:20 am

Hello,

At the moment the version of Document Editors in Enterprise is 3.6. And it is 3.0 in the Open Source. So, 3.6 without licensing (which is the actual free version) will not include some features like:

• Mail Merge
  • Commenting
  • Chat
  • Named Ranges
  • Version History

All of them are listed in our Blog.
Dean

Return to Miscellaneous