Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Mailserver inboxes

Mailserver inboxes

Postby mmesh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi,

I'm little lost in the onlyoffice configuration...
The main thing I want to accomplish is to setup mail inboxes for persons which don't have any other mail account and associate them to accounts.

How to do that? It seems to me that this is somewhat circular:
1. first I need to open account that has mail address associated with it
2. then create new inbox under my domain and associate it with the person from step 1

And that I can not do because if I use person1@domain.com as e-mail when adding new person to the system it's blocked until he/she clicks on the link in the mail which is not delivered since that mailbox still does not exist in the 1st step.

Please help me!
mmesh

Re: Mailserver inboxes

Postby Dean » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:35 pm

You can provide them the activation link according the instructions here: http://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/gettin ... sers_block

Before adding users, you may create a mailboxes and use them for creating their profiles. So they will log in to the existing profile already and will need to create a password only.
Dean

Postby mmesh » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:51 pm

I'll try and report back if I was successful or not. Thanks.
mmesh

Postby mmesh » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Well, I tried using invitation links but no-go.

Problem is that I can not create a mailbox before I have an active user profile.
And I can not make a user profile active if I (user) don't activate it by clicking on a link that is sent to profile's e-mail address. (maybe there is another way to activate profile?)

If I put new e-mail address (which at the time is still not created) when using invitation link I don't have a mailbox I can access to click on confirmation link.

Is there no way to create a mailbox without linking it to an active user profile?
Or is there another way to force activating a user profile?
mmesh

Postby Dean » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello,

May be the easiest way will be to assign mailboxes to your account and activate them?
Dean

Return to Miscellaneous