Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Can Deleted Files/Folders Be Recovered?

Can Deleted Files/Folders Be Recovered?

Postby CinnabarJack » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:34 pm

Is it possible to recover file(s) deleted by a user from the Community Edition of OnlyOffice? Over time this situation is one that cannot be avoided.

My particular question is in reference to the Ubuntu and Docker releases of the server. I do a full backup of the server periodically (not 'hot') and in the case of Docker, map the data directories to external folders on the host. Can the data DBs be accessed for file recovery purposes?

I think the server backup feature has been discussed elsewhere as a possible planned add-on. Is recovery of deleted files and folders being considered as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.
CinnabarJack

Re: Can Deleted Files/Folders Be Recovered?

Postby AnaMih » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:03 pm

You may find the removed files in the Portal Recycle Bin only. The files cannot be restored after removing them from the bin.
The DB files information is associated with the files in Data folder. So if you have a DB backup and backup of Data folder you may try to recover the files. In BD the files can be found in "files_file" table. The compliance scheme should look like this /00/00/00/files/folder_<id folder>/file_<id file>/v1/content.txt
AnaMih

Return to Miscellaneous