Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

File Move Error: You Cannot Move The Folder To Its Subfolder

File Move Error: You Cannot Move The Folder To Its Subfolder

Postby Merc » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:41 pm

I sometimes see an error when attempting to move a file (Excel .xlsx) to another directory in the main Documents screen using either the menu of operations (Folder Actions) at right or via right-click (control-click) on the file name. The error message is: "You cannot move the folder to its subfolder."

I can, however, drag-and-drop the file to the destination folder from within the window or from the system Desktop (uploading, for example).

I believe I have seen this on both the Docker and Ubuntu releases under Mac and Linux using Firefox (v. >38).
Merc

Re: File Move Error: You Cannot Move The Folder To Its Subfo

Postby AnaMih » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:54 am

1) Please, make sure that when you try to move a file to another directory this directory is not selected together with the file.
If it is not so, send us a screenshot of such situation.
2) Did you try the other file types, except *.xlsx.
3) Specify os version and onlyoffice versions.
AnaMih

Postby Merc » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:06 am

I just received another instance of this file move error, again with an Excel file of type *.xlsx.

Same error message: "You cannot move the folder to its subfolder."

The destination folder is at the same level as the file to be moved. I created the folder just prior to attempting the move and was able to go into the folder successfully.

The file is *.xlsx and was created within/by OnlyOffice, not uploaded to the directory. It is a simple one page spreadsheet, no other sheets or graphics.

The server is a simple CS-DS pair (no Mail) using the current Docker release (08 July 2015) and is running under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. The Ubuntu software is up-to-date as of last week.

I was again successful (see first post) at moving the file via drag-and-drop but not by the Move-to command in either the menu at the far right (downward arrow) or by the contextual menu (right-click).

I was able to move files of type PDF and PNG to the destination directory using the Move-to command. I later uploaded an *.xlsx file and moved it to the target directory successfully. I created a new spreadsheet file within OnlyOffice, entered some dummy figures into it, closed it and moved it to the destination directory. No problem.
Attachments
move-error-msg.png
move-error-msg.png (8.22 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
move-to.png
move-to.png (55.28 KiB) Viewed 1851 times
Merc

Postby AnaMih » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks for the information. The issue has been detected.
The fix will be included into one of the next versions. Sorry for inconveniences.
AnaMih

Return to Miscellaneous