Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Porting to XStreamOS / llumos

Porting to XStreamOS / llumos

Postby gbulfon » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,

we're working on integrating OnlyOffice to our WebTop 5 collaboration platform.
Most of our cloud and customers on premis systems are based on our own XStreamOS distribution, based on illumos, OpenSolaris.
So, we're also porting OnlyOffice DocumentServer to our OS.

We already have packages and installed all the requirements (RabbitMQ, Redis, Postgres).

With some work, we managed to build DocumentServer against v8 taken from our nodejs package.
We obviously had to make some patches to support SunOS and Solaris here and there on your code base.
Luckily enough, we already had a phantomjs binary needed during the install phase.

So, we have now an installed OnlyOffice DocumentServer with illumos binaries, customized for our needs inside an onlyoffice folder, containing everything from "etc" to "var" and so on.
We also had to create a production-xstreamos.json copying it from production-linux.json, and customized it to point to the customized folders.
Finally, because we don't run nginx yet, we configured our standard apache installation to proxypass what was needed, including the webscockets.

It almost works, I could point to the apis javascript file and retrieve them via http, then I wrote a simple html file locally with your instruction to open a file.
So I uploaded a docx to a known reachable http location here, and modified the javascript code in the html file to point to that document.

I managed to have all the interface start, websocket works and sends instructions, document server and file converter are contacted and I get websocket responses.
Then I receive an error on the browser, with the last websocket message being:

"{"type":"documentOpen","data":{"type":"open","status":"err","data":-80}}"

I cannot see other errors out of the 3 onlyoffice daemons outputs.

Any idea how can I dig into this?

Thanks!
Gabriele
gbulfon

Re: Porting to XStreamOS / llumos

Postby Maxim » Fri May 11, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello gbulfon!
-80 error is a conversion error. You should dig into x2t. Take a look into converter's logs maybe it will help you. Maybe there is a lack of library.
Onlyoffice Document Server doesn't support this OS and maybe it will lead to this.
Maxim

Return to Miscellaneous