Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Open source server installation

Open source server installation

Postby NI3 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi

Can you please explain the terms ' Document server', 'Community server' and 'Community edition' with a clear difference between them.

Also I wanted to install an open source server equivalent to integration edition. What is the best option for that?
NI3

Re: Open source server installation

Postby Maxim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:47 am

Hello NI3!
First of all i must say that Onlyoffice consists of 2 main "products" - Document Server and Community Server.
You can use them separately.
Also, there are Editions of Onlyoffice:
ONLYOFFICE Community Edition is a free version of collaborative system developed to manage documents, projects, customer relationship and email correspondence, all in one place.
ONLYOFFICE Enterprise Edition is a paid version of collaborative system.
There is a great difference between them. They differ not in functionality but in use. ONLYOFFICE Community Edition is limited to 20 simultaneous connections to Document Server, only 1 core CPU usage, there is no LDAP support, multitenancy, white labeling and so on. See here.
Also I wanted to install an open source server equivalent to integration edition. What is the best option for that?

You need to install Document Server only for integration into your document system if you use it for yourself. In case you are going to use it with commercial goals you need a license.
Maxim

Postby NI3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:25 am

Is Community edition open source? Can one use the community edition for commercial goals?
NI3

Postby Maxim » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:41 am

Hello NI3!
Is Community edition open source?

Yes
Can one use the community edition for commercial goals?

You can use it but not for sale or to make money. You can use it in your company for example.
Maxim

Return to Miscellaneous