Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Contacts and Calendar sync

Contacts and Calendar sync

Postby mmarif4u » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:56 am

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to sync contacts and calendar data to my phone(android) and the other way around.

Regards
mmarif4u

Re: Contacts and Calendar sync

Postby Maxim » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 am

Hello mmarif4u!
You can sync your calendar using iCal
iCal.png
iCal.png (8.9 KiB) Viewed 84 times

concerning Contacts there is no sync, import only
Maxim

Postby mmarif4u » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks Maxim.

The calendar seems to be feed only which means i can only sync it only way, cant edit on the phone or add any entry to it. Or maybe i am missing something here?

Is there some milestone by OO to provide caldav/carddav etc which is universal and easy to access across different platforms.

Because now a days if someone really want to use one package(mail, cal, contacts etc). It should have access across web/mobile easily for better usability and productivity like Google/M$.
mmarif4u

Postby Maxim » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:45 am

Hello mmarif4u!
Time of synchronization depends on other calendars (Google for example). We refresh our links every 5 min., it means that when you edit your OO calendar the changes will be accessible after 5 min. but how often, for example, Google refresh OO calendar link we do not know.
Is there some milestone by OO to provide caldav/carddav etc which is universal and easy to access across different platforms.

There is no milestone because the priority for us is online editors first of all, but we will be glad to hear your suggestions and feedbacks around this thread.
Maxim

Return to Miscellaneous