Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Installing on the same server

Issues during installation, usage and configuring

Installing on the same server

Postby ILCarl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi all,

New to Onlyoffice.

I built a Nextcloud PoC, and then a new requirement came up to have it more collaborative, hence Onlyoffice...

Nextcloud is a base install using Ubuntu 16.04, Apache web server, Just following the basic nextcloud install guide...

Now, I've followed the only office guide tot he letter here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAd-x_sP6ng

Up to the point that i'm on the same server, which has SSL redirection on, which i assume is one reason i can't get to the document server homepage.. Then i'm a bit stuck..

Can anyone advise?

For reference - Please note i'm still picking up Linux (Although capable of building PoC's and fixing a few issues) so I may miss a few bits here and there..
ILCarl

Re: Installing on the same server

Postby Carl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:54 am

Hello.

Have you installed the Document Server on the same machine where your Nextcloud is installed? We recommend to install it on a different machine.

Also please note that this guide is a little outdated. The best way to install the ONLYOFFICE integration app is to do that directly from Nextcloud app store.
Carl

Postby ILCarl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Carl,

Yes, I have installed it on the same PC for now - The main reason is it's a PoC so just testing\feeling it out for now, when we decide where we are going, we'll roll out much more formally.

If that guide is outdated, does anyone have a newer one, that would be simple for such an instance?

I'll remove the app in the mean time, ready to try a new version
ILCarl

Postby Carl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:37 am

If you wish to use both products on the same machine, the best solution would be Docker Compose. You can find our guide here. This way you will get both DS and Nextcloud connected to each other.
Carl

Postby ILCarl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:08 am

Thanks - It was going so well!

ERROR: for nginx Cannot start service nginx: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint nginx-server (03f722d284e30e13181a094742bb43f0fd262d75 0e7bb77fc26e6c36afd5a0ab): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:443 : listen: address already in use
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Of course this is because i have an apache config to redirect to 443

Sorry - I'm new on this, so need some guidance on how to get round this. (Also typical with me - 1 step away from working then i get this)
ILCarl

Postby Carl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:12 am

Hello,
The offered docker-compose solution uses Nginx webserver and it has to use 443 port so you need to make sure other applications don't occupy it.
Carl

Return to ownCloud/Nextcloud ONLYOFFICE integration app