Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Support for owncloud per-user encryption

Issues during installation, usage and configuring

Support for owncloud per-user encryption

Postby hextrasrl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Onlyoffice document server not work with owncloud when per-user encryption key is set but only with master key. The problem is that per-user encryption is the default option for old owncloud installations and is not possible to migrate from per user-key to master key (wh have hundred of users and 2 TB of data encrypted eith per-suer key). Why you do not enable support for per-user encryption key? For example when opening a office document onlyoffice can prompt request user password to decrypt the file. Is it possible?
hextrasrl

Re: Support for owncloud per-user encryption

Postby Maxim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:57 am

Hello hextrasrl!
See here
Maxim

Postby hextrasrl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Hi, i have read the post but my question is: in the future you implement a solution for using onlyoffice with owncloud and per user encryption key (asking for example user password before editing document)? Because i have per user key previosly enabled and now i can't switch to master key, also the customers wants per user key because is more safe(without user password the server admin cannot decrypt files).

Onlyoffice is a great tool but at the monte is unusuable for production environments that have per user key enabled
hextrasrl

Postby Maxim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:50 am

Hello hextrasrl!
I understand you but we have what we have.
Maxim

Return to ownCloud/Nextcloud ONLYOFFICE integration app