Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

ios issue

Issues during installation, usage and configuring

ios issue

Postby jekemino » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi there,

I really appreciate your fantastic app, but I ask you for an issue I have been facing.

I set up owncloud server on my ubuntu distro (16.04) with http traffic (apache: port 80) and onlyoffice document server (Nginx port 81). Everything went well and was able to have up-to-date files both on ios owncloud app and desktop browser.

Issues arose as soon as I migrated to https for both owncloud and onlyoffice doc server. I have a self-signed SSL cert. No problem from my laptop/desktop browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox). But, when I create any file through onlyoffice no sync happens on mobile ios app. In particular, if I create/modify any onlyoffice file on lapt/desktop, the mobile app lets me see the new file, whereas on click it turns out to be void (blank screen). In other terms, either I cannot display any content or the old content is viewed.

In turn, if I try to access my owncloud server form safari browser on iphone (not from owncl app) I can reach the content tree, but when I click on any onlyoffice file, new window tells me that "onlyoffice cannot be reached". It is as if onlyoffice could not be opened for some reason. the strange thing is that if I try to get directly the onlyoffice doc server through its ip address, safari on iphone gets stuck and try to indefinitely refresh page with no success.

I use ddns service to keep my dynamic public ip update and both owncloud and onlyoffice ports are forwarded on my router. The problem is still there, also if I get access through my local network with the server ip.

I thank you in advance for any help.

Giacomo Virone
Attachments
Schermata-2017-09-14-alle-15.45.56.jpg
Schermata-2017-09-14-alle-15.45.56.jpg (59 KiB) Viewed 102 times
jekemino

Re: ios issue

Postby Maxim » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Hello jekemino!
You should use commercial (CA) SSL certs or try Let's Encrypt certs. There is a problem with self-signed SSL certs.
Maxim

Re: ios issue

Postby jekemino » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Maxim wrote:Hello jekemino!
You should use commercial (CA) SSL certs or try Let's Encrypt certs. There is a problem with self-signed SSL certs.

Ok. Thk. I will try and let you know
jekemino

Return to ownCloud/Nextcloud ONLYOFFICE integration app