Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Something went wrong!

Questions/problems on Docker

Something went wrong!

Postby quax » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi to everybody!

Just was try the first time to install the Docker Version and something went wrong!
I use a Debian 8 (Jessie) (Minimal-)Server and installed OnlyOffice from Command Line. After done that, I was try to start OO from Browser and it didn't, neither with the local IP of the server (192.168.1.18) nor Localhost etc., etc.!
So I checked how to remove Docker from Server ( https://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/serve ... emove.aspx) and that didn't works! Docker isn't to be found on my Serv er!

Could someone please explain How To remove the whole Package from my Server, and after that, How To Install on Debian 8.7.1 Jessie Minimal Server? I could simply just re-install Debian again if needed!

Thanks for any answer and/or advice.
quax

Re: Something went wrong!

Postby Maxim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Hello quax!
1 re-install Debian. Install fresh.
2 install Onlyoffice (Community Edition or Enterprise Edition) via script
Maxim

Postby quax » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:46 pm

Thanks Maxim! That's what I was thinking need to be done, and I'll do that.

Just, please guide me a bit: I would like to install the Community Edition, WHICH Script (?) I should use? I found only the Install Instruction here: http://helpcenter.onlyoffice.com/server ... 1493362703

Thanks for any advice.
quax

Postby Maxim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Yes, this one!
Actually the script is only one (wget http://download.onlyoffice.com/install/ ... install.sh), but you can run this script with different parametrs you need.
For example, if you do not want install Mail Server you run this script like this
Code: Select all
bash opensource-install.sh -ims false
where -ims (install mail server) is false
Look here for some examples.
Maxim

Postby quax » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks Maxim.

In meantime, I was reading some older post and came around the Port Problem. Now I would need to have Port 80 and 443 for a different connection running! How could I change the Ports for OO? Also, I'll need to run OO on a Debian Server which has already ISPConfig 3.1, OwnCloud and some other apps installed. Would it be better for to install instead of the full OO just the Document Editor or so?

Thanks for your help!
quax

Postby quax » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:50 pm

Overall, the use of OO is for to use to edit huge Excel Worksheets with a lot of links attached to it. All those worksheets are set for Multiuser use and shared, as well as protected with Usernames and Passwords.
The server I use right now is my own server for to test that it's possible to do such 'work' locally and over the Internet. At my customer's Server, there's OwnCloud and Samba Server installed for to use of File/Data Storage. Just before I start to install additional apps like OO, I need to know, if the online work, use, and editing of those Excel Worksheets is possible and that those attached links will work or not work!

What would be your suggestion?

Thanks and best regards
quax

Postby Maxim » Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello quax!
If you plan just to edit files then you need the Document Server only and our integration app.
But if you need "sharing" system with wide editing service, review and other profits you need Enterprise Edition.
I suppose you need to test our product more thoroughly. If I were you i would test Community Edition then i would test ownCloud/Nextcloud ONLYOFFICE integration app and would make the right conclusion what i need.
Concerning ports see here. Now it's not problem.
Maxim

Return to Docker Version