Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

How to install document server in unRaid?

Questions/problems on Docker

How to install document server in unRaid?

Postby relink » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:19 pm

I am new to unraid, docker, and onlyoffice, all at the same time! lol

I have been trying for 2 days to get onlyoffice to run in docker under unraid, and have had very little success. Here is what my goal is.

-I would like to use onlyoffice docker, in unraid. I just want to be able to store, create, and edit, word, excel, and ppt docs (the basic stuff), collaboration would be nice, but i don't need any other features. Mostly going to be use used by 2 users, maybe up-to 5 later on.

-I would like to be able to access through https if possible

-I would definitely like to be able to use the mobile app (especially iOS), i don't know if there is anything special I need to do to make this work.

-I need to be able to run only office on different port numbers, I really don't want it on ports 80 and 443.

-Lastly I would prefer to be able to store all the documents on a share outside of docker if possible, or at least make the only office data directory accessible over my network as a smb share. (I am terrified of loosing all my docs if something goes wrong down the road)

I dont know if this is a tall order or not, but hopefully someone can help me out. The way people talk about installing onlyoffice in docker it doesn't seem like its hard at all. But its a totally new tech to me and it seems like the more tutorials i look up the more confused I get.
relink

Re: How to install document server in unRaid?

Postby Maxim » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:32 am

Hello relink!
I would like to use onlyoffice docker, in unraid.

We didn't test Onlyoffice on UnRaid
I just want to be able to store, create, and edit, word, excel, and ppt docs (the basic stuff), collaboration would be nice, but i don't need any other features. Mostly going to be use used by 2 users, maybe up-to 5 later on.

You should use Integration Edition, Community Edition or Enterprise Edition
I would like to be able to access through https if possible

Onlyoffice supports HTTPS
I would definitely like to be able to use the mobile app (especially iOS)

There is Onlyoffice app in AppStore
Lastly I would prefer to be able to store all the documents on a share outside of docker if possible, or at least make the only office data directory accessible over my network as a smb share. (I am terrified of loosing all my docs if something goes wrong down the road)

See here
I need to be able to run only office on different port numbers, I really don't want it on ports 80 and 443.

You can use custom ports using Document Server ver 4.3.0 or higher
In your case i suppose it would be great to use Integration Edition.
Maxim

Postby relink » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 pm

I have managed to get Onlyoffice Community server and Document server both successfully installed in unraid Docker. However I am now hitting a roadblock trying to connect the two together. any time I try to connect the communityserver to the document server I get an error "Api url: Service is not defined"
relink

Postby relink » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:32 am

I was never able to get only office to run in unRAID. I did however get it to run fine in a Ubuntu VM that hosted on unraid...so I guess thats close...
relink

Postby Maxim » Tue May 02, 2017 6:36 am

Hello relink!
Did you run OO successfully in unraid Docker ?
Maxim

Postby tbrasser » Tue May 23, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm getting the following errors:
Code: Select all
ng message broker rabbitmq-server  * FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_\{log, _err\}

31mfail]
redis-server: redis-server.
for connection to the localhost host on port 5672

I currently run Nextcloud 12.0.0 on unRAID 6.3.4 and trying to switch to OnlyOffice DocumentServer from Collabora/CODE.
tbrasser

Postby Maxim » Wed May 24, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello tbrasser!
Specify please how did you try to switch to OnlyOffice DocumentServer from Collabora/CODE.
Maxim

Postby tbrasser » Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 am

Basically switching in this case just means, disable Collabora, disable the app in Nextcloud. Then running the (simplest) DocumentServer run command.

However I can't get the OnlyOffice DocumentServer docker image to run without it giving me the errors I posted. (Seems like RabbitMQ and Redis aren't running properly)
tbrasser

Postby tbrasser » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 am

(If this is a double post please delete it, I tried submitting one but it didn't show up)
I've read that you can run both Collabora and OnlyOffice at the same time without them interfering in Nextcloud. However I have tried all sane things (making sure my mapped volumes are empty, removing the collabora container, disabling the collabora app in Nextcloud) however I have trouble getting the DocumentServer container to run, it results in the errors I posted above.

I have 6+ gb of ram free, +40gb of hard-drive space, and a (old) quadcore i3 (2ghz+), so that shouldn't be the cause of Redis and RabbitMQ failing right?
tbrasser

Postby Maxim » Fri May 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello tbrasser!
I think that you should try to install Document Server on fresh ubuntu installation.
Maxim

Next

Return to Docker Version