Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

community server suddenly broken

Questions/problems on Docker

community server suddenly broken

Postby pciavald » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:52 pm

Hello,

Our installation of OnlyOffice was working very fine until it suddenly stopped working.

First when going to the webpage of onlyoffice, it shown just a blank page with just the onlyoffice logo loading in tab title.

I did :

`sudo service docker restart` : the webpage is stuck on "the portal setup might take some time, please wait... we are working on it... please do not reload the page or shutdown your computer..." without any percentage.

restore a previous working /app folder : same behaviour

remove /app folder to start a clean install : platform working but empty

restore working /app folder, keeping only the fresh-install /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/mysql : platform working but empty

created a VM on my local machine, started a clean environment, restored working /app folder, webpage is stuck
replacing CommunityServer's mysql folder with the fresh install one, webpage works but platform is empty.

So it seems there is a problem with the database but I don't understand how the previous working database suddenly doesn't work, even on a clean environment.
I don't know how to go further to restore the data, I need to restore the platform users, CRM info, projects and documents.

Thank you.
pciavald

Re: community server suddenly broken

Postby pciavald » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:25 am

this is the error log in firefox console when going to the webpage (community edition) :

Code: Select all
GET http://onlyoffice.cantonconsulting.info/api/2.0/warmup/progress.json      402 Payment Required

this is what I get when attaching communityServer container (enterprise edition) :

Code: Select all
admin@server02:~/backups$ sudo docker attach c5c70ba965b4
waiting MAIL SERVER DB...
MYSQL mail server id ''
External ip xx.xx.xx.xx is valid
ERROR 1130 (HY000): Host 'onlyoffice-community-server.onlyoffice' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

id1 is '999'
id2 is '1000'
ERROR 1130 (HY000): Host 'onlyoffice-community-server.onlyoffice' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

My current guess is that the error is due to the fact we migrated from enterprise to community and now there's a problem with the licence. How can I purge licence info from the mysql database in the CommunityServer container ?
pciavald

Postby pciavald » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I managed to restore the data of the previous backup to a clean install.
On the clean install of Community version with restored data the document server now says
"Your licence has expired. Please update your license and refresh the page."
So i'm pretty sure the downgrade from Enterprise version to Community version is what caused my problem.

procedure :
on the non-functionnal /app folder

sudo docker ps -a
sudo docker attach [community server's id]
mysql onlyoffice
show tables;
exit
[copy the table names you want to restore, clean them as single space separated string, e.g. with cat tables | tr -d '\n' | tr -s ' ' ]
mysqldump onlyoffice [table names] > /var/lib/mysql/data.sql
exit
cp /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/mysql/data.sql ~
rm -rf /app
sudo service docker restart
cp ~/data.sql /app/onlyoffice/CommunityServer/mysql/data.sql
sudo docker attach [community server's id]
mysql onlyoffice < /var/lib/mysql/data.sql
exit
sudo service docker restart
pciavald

Postby Maxim » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:51 am

Hello pciavald!
Yes, you're right! There is no downgrade from Enterprise version to Community version. You can continue using of Enterprise Edition (but you have to buy it) or use clean installation of Community with new content.
Maxim

Postby pciavald » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:11 pm

I'm actually planning to set up the enterprise license but right now i just need the platform to work. It worked fine for two weeks after the Enterprise trial had expired and the docker containers were converted to community edition. Can you point out to me which table is containing the license ? I've restored the core_*, crm_* and projects_* tables into the clean environment, and somehow the Document Server is still finding tracks of the license.
By the way, as explained, I couldn't launch the platform even using the Enterprise edition, so the data folder was actually broken.

EDIT :
I've removed all 3 containers and reinstalled them, now the Document server works properly.
pciavald

Return to Docker Version