Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

OnlyOffice documentserver breaks documents

Questions/problems on Docker

OnlyOffice documentserver breaks documents

Postby iwkse » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:57 am

I'm using the new integration of onlyoffice documentserver, version 4.1.5 using the docker available. I'm have several issues when editing documents, it seems it's not working right. I was used to use the version 3 which didn't have such problems. A common issue I notice is when trying to save a docx file, it loses the format (margins are set to 0), with odt file it corrupts the file making it not readable. I'm trying to investigate more, but as I see there's also something wrong with the mimetype which seems to be changed. For example opening an odt file and save it in onlyoffice it completely breaks it and change the mimetype seeing it as docx.

Is that a problem with the version 4? Is it to be considered not stable yet?
I'd like to know that before to decide to go back to version 3. I'm trying to contact onlyoffice in all ways without luck.
iwkse

Re: OnlyOffice documentserver breaks documents

Postby Maxim » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello!
I repeat an answer
"You mention margins are set to 0. Are you trying to open docx generated by ONLYOFFICE in LibreOffice, am I right?. If yes - docx is not native format for LibreOffice, and I thought it have some troubles with opening it. MS Word opens that docx files with correct margins. I agree with you about MIME-types, seems there is problem in 4.1 version of documentserver, it will be fixed in 4.2 which we bill release in several weeks. In version 3 we used some stuff from libreoffice, it maybe worked, but we do not support version 3 any more and do not use libreoffice at all."
You can find it here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40268665/onlyoffice-documentserver-4-1-5-alter-documents
Maxim

Return to Docker Version