Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Quick setup Comm Docker Guide - CPU at 400% after 1-3 days

Questions/problems on Docker

Re: Quick setup Comm Docker Guide - CPU at 400% after 1-3 da

Postby dsi-lille » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:58 am

Hi,

the next time the problem appear, we will try to catch some logs.
Our Docker (version 1.12.3) run on a Ubuntu 16.04.
We have this issue maybe two time per month.

Thanks,
Yoann
dsi-lille

Postby Merc » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 am

I am running the current Docker images for the CE server under Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS. What I see takes about four (4) days to evolve. Everything runs fine, then at day 4 or so when I attempt to login to OnlyOffice the login page never completes in the browser window and I get a page loading 'spinner' in the browser tab, etc.

After a couple minutes of waiting if I remote in to the server I see all four cores running at 100%. At approximately 8 minutes into this process the web page will complete in the browser but the CPUs are still running at 100% each and the server is then impossibly slow in response.

The top process while in this state (using about 400% of the CPU time) is as follows:

/usr/bin/mono --server /usr/lib/hyperfastcgi/4.0/HyperFastCgi.exe /logfile=/var/log/onlyoffice/monoserve.log /config=/etc/+

When I stop the containers and restart them things seem to go back to normal for 3 or 4 more days. I'm checking now to see if I can catch the exact timing.
Merc

Postby Maxim » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:42 am

Hello!
As i said above (in my previous post) we couldn't simulate the situation with overloading of CPU's. Please try to stop cron (autorestart of ONLYOFFICE services in communityserver container) by deleting "onlyoffice" in /etc/cron.d.
If you have any additional information (logs) please share it with us! It could be very helpful for us to solve that problem!
Maxim

Postby Merc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:12 am

Specifically, which logs would you like to see? Everything in /app for Community and Document servers?

Where should we send the logs? Is there an email address where they should be sent?

-Thanks for your help
Merc

Postby Maxim » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Hello!
Did you try to stop cron? How does server work now?
Any information you want to share with us send to support@onlyoffice.com with link to the topic in subject.
Maxim

Postby Merc » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:04 am

I just experienced another episode after running for four (4) days with /etc/cron.d/onlyoffice.

I have deleted /etc/cron.d/onlyoffice and have restarted the server.

I will submit logs from /app to the email address above with the /etc/cron.d info.

Thanks!
Merc

Postby Merc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 am

Sorry to report that the elimination of /etc/cron.d/onlyoffice was a step backward. Within a day from doing so I was unable to access my files on the server. Clicking Documents at login simply resulted in a perpetual blank screen. Rebooting the server did allow me to view my files again but I was subsequently unable to open any. All I got was a constant 'opening files' animation.

When I remoted into the system none of the processors were active. Almost no CPU time was being consumed. The server had gone completely inert from the standpoint of OnlyOffice.

I have reinstalled using the opensource-install.sh script and things are back to normal again.
Merc

Postby vprocopan » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:09 am

Same issues here, mono taking 400% cpu. What logs should i provide to help the process?
vprocopan

Postby Merc » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:24 pm

See previous post:

Any information you want to share with us send to support@onlyoffice.com with link to the topic in subject.

I have sent all the logs in /app to the address above.
Merc

Postby Merc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:16 pm

In case it's interesting or useful, there are updates to CommunityServer & DocumentServer images on hub.docker.com. At the time of this post,

onlyoffice/communityserver
Last pushed: 10 hours ago

onlyoffice/documentserver
Last pushed: 7 hours ago

See: https://hub.docker.com/search/?isAutomated=0&isOfficial=0&page=2&pullCount=0&q=onlyoffice&starCount=0
Merc

PreviousNext

Return to Docker Version