Try the fastest and simplest way to install ONLYOFFICE

Document Editing Service Address can't be set

Questions/problems on Docker

Document Editing Service Address can't be set

Postby gaord » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi,
I set up all these with docker-compose as described offcially. It turns out community server is not working and I managed to get it back to work as modifying the run-community-server.sh in community container by commenting out rm/cp/chmod with WebStudio/2 folders. However, while I config setting of community server and I can't save the editing service address by receiving failure as "api url: service is not defined". Say I can download it in community server container with url: http://172.17.0.3/web-apps/apps/api/documents/api.js. Just can't get it set correctly by the portal.
I then turn to web.appsettings.config to manually modify the url but no luck. Eventaully it became OfficeWeb/apps/api/documents/api.js after restart the container. As such, I can create document in community server but can't edit any type of them because the api can't be set correctly.

Any insight to get this to work? Many thanks for your feedback.

GRD
gaord

Re: Document Editing Service Address can't be set

Postby gaord » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:54 am

I resolved it in house. It sounds like the document service urls need to be accessible in side of running browser. It couldn't because of container networking. After adding host port mapping for document server container to make accessible, the URLs can be set in portal now. BTW, you may need to clear the browser cache to make the setting effective.

Thanks anyway for your attention on this. Hope this help.

GRD
gaord

Return to Docker Version